Sunday, June 23, 2024

Rediscovering Orienteering: A Journey Back in Time




 Last weekend, I attended an orienteering race for the first time in 33 years. It all started when I reunited with my old orienteering coach, who invited me to join the event. Running through the forest took me back to my teenage years, and it was an incredible experience that reignited my passion for this sport.

Surprisingly, my orienteering skills are still pretty sharp, scoring a solid 4 out of 5. However, my running game is a different story, with a humble 0.5 out of 5. It's clear that while the mind remembers the maps and compasses, the body needs some serious catching up.

Determined to improve, I decided to go for a training run today. Given the temperature in the low 30s°C, it ended up being more of a walk than a run. Despite the heat and the mosquitos having a feeding frenzy, it was a really enjoyable outing. There's something uniquely refreshing about being out in nature, even when conditions aren't perfect.

This experience has motivated me to continue this journey and see where it takes me next. Whether it's improving my running stamina or honing my orienteering skills, I'm excited about the adventures ahead.

Stay tuned for more updates on my orienteering journey!

#Orienteering #BackInTheGame #FitnessJourney #NatureLover

No comments: