Thursday, February 25, 2010

Ski trouble

One of my skis developed a fault yesterday, minutes after hitting the trail. The binding, a Dynafit TLT Speed, started to release the boot when in touring mode which should never happen. Having just arrived at the cabin, prepared to spend at least a week in the mountains, I was reluctant to descend so soon in the attempt to fix the problem. Luckily the guy who mounted the bindings in the first place, was available in a nearby ski resort and kindly offered to help. So today I started my day with a 6km trip to meet him. The last 200m climb was a nightmare, the binding releasing at least 10 times during the ascent. It seemed that one of the fastening screws had become loose, forbidding the locking mechanism to engage when switching to touring mode. Missing some materials we were unable to finish the repair today. I had no choice but to walk back to my cabin.

No comments: